Wednesday, June 22, 2011

On The Road- The Tides Inn

Sorry I have been MIA for a few days! I just returned from a little getaway to the Northern Neck of Virginia.  Our family takes a vacation together every year...we lovingly call it F-Cubed (Forced Family Fun)! This year my mother-in-law planned the most amazing FFF vacation to the Tides Inn in Irvington, Virginia (many thanks to Mimi!). I am embarrassed to say that I had NEVER heard of this adorable resort! It is only about an hour and a half from home and there is an abundance of activities for the entire family - golf, tennis, pool, spa services, sailing, paddleboats, excellent dining, and...SHOPPING!


Check out this gorgeous view...



A fragrant lavender garden grew near our room. Growing a little patch of lavender is on my ever growing list of things to do.  


Mommy liked the shopping best of all, but the little butterbean liked the pool the best....sorry I just can't resist! She looks like a Jackie O in the making.




The next town over is called White Stone and has some really great shopping.  One shop in particular, The Farm, was absolute heaven for me...check out their blog and webpage and prepare to start a wish list!




The gardens alone were stunning!








Inside, tons of farmhouse chic furnishings...sigh! 



I saw a vintage birdcage like this one at the Goodwill a few weeks ago...darn!
Shouldn't have let that one get away!
I covet this mirror! Stunning!
I have a thing for old barn ladders.  I think I am going to return for this one.
How pretty would it look with quilts folded over the rungs in a guest bedroom?

 
I usually like art or a mirror over the mantle, but what a great alternative!





Only because room in the car was limited did I escape without blowing the family savings.  I did, however, pick up a couple of dresser pulls for future projects.  They were just too pretty and reasonable to resist.


The hubby and I are already planning our return to this fabulous town.  Right down the street from the Tides Inn  is a bed and breakfast called the Hope and Glory Inn.  While on bike ride we stopped in for a peek and oh - my - goodness...don't even get me ranting about the decor, unique folk art, and painted floors! 


We have our anniversary coming up very soon! This would be the perfect spot to celebrate four years of marriage.  I just hope the quiet little town of Irvington is ready for a second round of McMahon madness! 











No comments:

Post a Comment